Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Taking 'Near death experiences' to the next level

Well this morning, just like every other morning I get up to go teach as a substitute. I knew the weather would be a little iffy but I heard cars passing so I decided it would be ok. The stairs outside were very slippery, but that didn't stop me from getting in the car and driving. Usually the driveway is an indication its too slippery, but I drove up the driveway without any problems. I get about a mile from the house and I hear on the radio that Metro schools are closed today, well that's just great! So I drive back home and like any other day I back down the driveway into the garage. WRONG! With the left foot hovering the emergency break, the right foot on the regular break, and the snow button in effect; I slide down the driveway turning sideways and try my hardest not to hit the garage! Finally I land very close to the garage and end up in the snow (thank goodness!!). I probably had a heart attack while I was screaming and a complete wreck! My neighbor, thank the lord, was backing out his car and came running over! Thus, the car went in the driveway the opposite of the way I planned. Whew! What a morning!
The moral of the story.... if you need ideas of how to take 'Near death experiences' to the next level, call me!

No comments:

Post a Comment